FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Receives Approval
Release Date: February 20, 2023
In a Public Council Meeting held on Tuesday, November 29, 2022, at 5:00 PM, Councillor Denise Rumbolt, Chair of the Finance, Administration & Policy Committee, presented the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay 2023 Municipal Budget. The 13th Council of Happy Valley-Goose Bay unanimously passed the 2023 Municipal Budget.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay is pleased to advise residents that the Town received notice of acceptance of its 2023 Municipal Budget from the Department of Municipal and Provincial Affairs on February 7, 2023.
To view the 2023 Municipal Budget Submission Form, click below:
Budget 2023 Highlights
- Budget 2023 is balanced at $17,021,650.40
- Residential Mil Rate remained the same at 7.25.
- Business Tax mil rates, Minimum Vacant Commercial Property Tax, and Water & Sewer rates remain constant.
- Property Tax Low Income Relief Policy remains in effect.
- Recreational Property Tax Rebate Policy remains in effect
- It is important to replace, repair and maintain our current aging infrastructure. This year we have allocated funds for the much-needed replacement of Heavy Equipment, and we continue to invest in water and sewer through major upgrades to our pumphouse and lift stations.
- Our town recognizes the importance of recreation, and we will continue to invest in our recreation facilities. I am pleased to announce that we will be entering a cost shared initiative with the Labrador Winter Games Association to install multi-use competition flooring at the EJ Broomfield Memorial Arena. This will be of great benefit not only during the upcoming Labrador Winter Games but will be used throughout the summer months, replacing the current plywood floor.
- We value the health and safety of all town employees and volunteers. We are pleased to announce that the town will be purchasing a new walk-in rescue fire protection vehicle. This vehicle will house the bunker gear belonging to the volunteer firefighters as well as any other fire and rescue equipment that would be needed which will alleviate the health risks associated with transporting contaminated items.