Public Service Announcement
WATER SHUT OFF
Information for the Public
Release Date: June 28, 2021
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay Water & Sewer Department advises residents that there will be a water shut off on Tuesday, June 29th starting at 9:00 AM on Grand Street between Cabot Crescent and Grenfell Street. This water shut off is necessary to complete water line repairs.
The following streets will be affected:
- GRAND STREET BETWEEN CABOT CRESCENT AND GRENFELL STREET
Residents are advised that once all repairs have been completed, a Boil Water Advisory will come into effect.
Residents are advised to bring water that you might ingest to a rolling boil for one (1) minute. For Example, boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Making juice from concentrate and powders
- Washing fruits and vegetables
- Making tea, coffee, and other hot drinks
- Making infant formula and cereals
The Boil Water Advisory will remain in effect until the following criteria are met:
- At least one (1) satisfactory bacteriological water analysis is obtained (absence of total coliform and E. coli in 100ml of samples).
- Satisfactory free chlorine residual is maintained at the entry to the distribution system.
- Free chlorine residual is detectable & maintained throughout the distribution system.
The public will be notified once this advisory is lifted.
The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause. For more information on Boil Water Advisories and Water Quality visit: