EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT PLAN (EMP)
Our Emergency Management Plan was adopted on April 26th, 2016 and is a comprehensive plan detailing emergency measures in different scenarios. The EMP is a working document that is reviewed annually and, where necessary, revised by the Emergency Planning Committee. The Town works in conjunction with the following local organizations to deliver emergency services during disasters in our community:
- Fire & Emergency Services, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) Goose Bay
- Department of National Defence, 5 Wing Goose Bay
- Labrador Grenfell-Health
- Happy Valley-Goose Bay Fire Department
- Goose Bay Airport Corporation
- Department of Advanced Education, Skills & Labour
- Department of Natural Resources
- NL English School District
- Department of Transportation & Works
PREPARE AN EMERGENCY KIT
Residents should always have an emergency bag ready to go for themselves and/or their family!
Click here for an Emergency Kit Checklist and more information on how to BE PREPARED!
UPPER LAKE MELVILLE EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM
This system is the quickest and most reliable way to receive information in the event of an emergency!
The communities of Upper Lake Melville have implemented a Mass Emergency Notification System to reach their respective communities in the event of an emergency. The Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Mud Lake, North West River and Sheshatshiu will be using this system, funded by Nalcor, to keep residents safe in all types of emergency events.
This is an opt-in system, which requires residents to complete a one-time registration. The emergency notification system, powered by Everbridge, will allow us to send you messages about situations as they happen across multiple devices, including your home phone, mobile device, email, and more.
*Residents who don’t have access to a computer, are having trouble registering or need assistance are invited to visit the Town Hall OR call 896-3321 for assistance.*
Quick Registration Tips:
- Choose Time Zone: “Atlantic Standard Time (America/Halifax)”
- ALL INDIVIDUALS MUST SIGN UP SEPARATELY – not one account for a whole household. This system is designed to stop delivering messages after receipt of confirmation has been received. For example: If the home phone is answered, the system will not deliver the message to the remaining numbers listed on the account because the resident has confirmed that they have received the alert. Please ensure all family members register for the system individually.
- Residents also have the option to subscribe for non-emergency operational/safety notifications from 5 Wing Goose Bay and Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay. *Special Note: Residents who live on 5 Wing Goose Bay are asked to select both 5 Wing and the Town of Happy Valley-Goose Bay as communities of interest to ensure receipt of emergency alerts from the Town.*