Pets & Animals

Pet supplies are available in town at grocery stores, from Valley Veterinary Clinic, and at PAWS Pet Boutique.

If you want to adopt a pet, we recommend that you contact the local SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). The SPCA is always looking for volunteers, so if you are unable to have a pet in your own home, you can still spend quality time with the animals that are available for adoption.

It is not unusual to see moose, foxes, rabbits, bears, wolves and other wildlife along the highway between Happy Valley-Goose Bay and North West River and even in your back yards occasionally. Always be careful when you see wild animals and do not feed them – they may seem friendly but they can be unpredictable.

Dog Park

In 2015, the Town opened a new Dog Park located at 25 Cherrywood Drive. This park has separate sections for small/shy dogs and large/social dogs. Please take care of this public space and follow the rules posted on site.

Fireworks Notices

The Town requires the public to apply for a fireworks permit 48 hours in advance. We provide the public advanced notice of all fireworks permits issued in the community. If your pet(s) is scared of fireworks, please follow the Town’s official Facebook page and subscribe to email alerts for these updates.

View Fireworks Permits